woensdag 5 maart 2008

Hi, my name is..

The friendly peeps here at Raveslave recently asked me to join their club, which came as quite a surprise, since I have no blogging experience. Ignoring the fact that I absolutely do not have the time for it, I still decided to go for it as I had already figured out earlier that this site offers quality posts. In other words: I’m honored to be the new contributor, and to kick things off, I’ll post my top 5 chart for this month.



N°1. Hercules & Love Affair: Blind
Last weekend while driving around, stereo somewhat ‘cranked up’, I suddenly found myself going berserk on a song which had been lurking about in my iPod for a few weeks, singing along to the coolest vocals ever (thank you Antony) with enthusiasm one can only afford within the safety of a car (or shower cabin when absolutely certain you’re the only one in the house).
At the red lights I noticed a blond girl in a mini cooper in the lane next to me giving me a “what the fuck?”, upon which I instantly replied with the Steven Seagal look: the fastest way to let somebody know you’re 100% straight.
But it was too late, Hercules & Love Affair’s latest disco anthem Blind had totally taken over my hormones, and it’ll do the same to you! For more info scroll down a few posts cause I’m pretty sure this song has already been introduced in this blog.




N°2. Mimo & Schmahl: Sometimes (Dapayk Remix)
I could fill a few lines praising the Craft Music label, but I won’t, since this remix on their latest release doesn’t sound Craft at all. All the same, it’s pure genius in all its simplicity. Words are useless for tracks like these, so I’ll just leave it up to your curiosity to seduce you in checking out this pearl.

N°3. Popof: Elektric Circus
Purchased this one on Beatport at 7pm, opened a set with it in Holland at 1am. 15 people got killed in the dancefloor mayhem that followed, and apparently this is happening all over Europe. Interpol already scrambled their best agents to find Popof, whose latest promo pic is a clear stab at European governments. Touché Popof, touché.


N°4. The Subs: Papillon
Just got off the phone with Wiebe aka Tonic aka Ginger Sub, who told me that Brodinski “finally” dropped off his remix for the new Subs bomb ‘Papillon’. I gave it a listen and think I’ll have to buy Brodi a drink at Breakdown XL this weekend, cause it absolutely kills. Production can now begin so expect this one to hit stores in about 3 months.


N°5. Sound of Stereo: Nic Nag

I’m probably the only person on the planet who doesn’t love fidget house producers Crookers (Big Money Comin is a great track though). Brussels based producer duo Sound of Stereo have clear similarities, but their forthcoming debut release ‘Nic Nag’, which I’ve been playing for a while now (I’ve known these guys for a long time), is absolutely worth mentioning. It’s been picked up by MTV to back up a commercial for their new mobile phone network, which is totally irrelevant, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Geen opmerkingen: