dinsdag 30 oktober 2007

Franz & Shape

About three years ago, Italo body music duo (so they say themselves) Franz & Shape amazed me, and a couple of million others I hope, by releasing a track that went by the name of "Countach". I was listening to it the other day and it still sounds absolutely massive. No wonder Franz & Shape were hailed by no less than Tiga and 2 Many DJs.

Earlier this year, their first album "Acceleration" was released on Headman's label Relish and I was simply stunned from the first till the very fucking last second. It's still my favourite album of 2007 and producers are running out of months to bring me round.



My favourite Italians Francesco Spazzoli and Chris Shape haven't been slacking and their remix of Tronik Youth's "We Are..." was released on Back Yard Recordings just now. Later this month, Turbo is unleashing their brand new track "Deflection", which sounds wonderful if you ask me. And the good news keeps piling up because in December, another single called "Eyes Like Knives" will be released on Relish.

I'm liking these guys more and more with each release and if me rambling on about them won't convince you of how great these guys really are, perhaps the tracks on their MySpace will.

Geen opmerkingen: